Skip to main content

Welcome

Welcome! I am Dylan Hersha, I am currently a student at Linn-Benton College, working on my AAOT for Journalism and Mass Communication. I graduated high school in 2019 and began working full time. After a few years I decided it was time to get back to college and pursue my dream career. I am fully focused and committed to becoming the best sports writer that I can be and hope for my work to not just be published but enjoyed. This term I am most interested in learning how to conduct meaningful, quality interviews that lead to great stories. 

    Outside of my schooling I am mostly watching, reading and listening to sports events and shows. Mainly pro and college football, basketball and baseball, I also enjoy wrestling, mma and I am recently getting into hockey. Beyond sports I feel the same sort of passion for music. I really enjoy reading and watching musicians talk about and explain their art. I play guitar and am always working on expanding my knowledge and ability, and hope to one day be able to play the piano and drums as well.

    My main goal for this class is to really get down and nail the basics of writing a good article. I want to be able to focus on the quality of my stories and let formatting become 2nd nature so I am not wasting time and energy on it. Another goal of mine is to get comfortable doing interviews and making sure I get everything I need for a good story. Lastly, I hope to continue enjoying journalism and meet new people. Something I have already figured out is the more people you know the better.       

    My first story I will be working on will be one about the Non Destructive Testing (NDT) program at LBCC. For this I hope to interview a current student in the program, a former student working in the field, and the instructor(s). 

Questions I want answered for the story:

What is NDT?

What opportunities does this program provide?

Why is the career in such high demand?

Who can do NDT? (Any educational restrictions)

Where can you work?

Other schools that offer the program

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

On The Job

 Trevor Wilson: Instrument Repair Technician  Trevor Wilson removing a dent on a trumpet, the instrument he played in the Oregon State University marching band and has specialized in repairing at Beacock Music in Albany Oregon for 3 years on Wednesday Oct. 13. Trey Wood: Car Salesman Trey Wood standing next to a Dodge Challenger that is currently for sale at the dealership where he has worked for 4 years, combining his love of cars and people on Wednesday Oct. 18. 

First Blog Post

My name is Dylan Hersha I am working on my AAOT degree from Linn Benton Community College. I am studying journalism with the hope of becoming a sports journalist. This class is part of my journey to not only earn my degree but develop and explore my knowledge of journalism. My experience with photography is little to none but I have always enjoyed taking pictures. I am usually the one with my phone out taking pictures of my friends, usually with the intent of catching something funny. One goal of mine is to become more comfortable taking pictures anywhere rather than just my friends. Another goal I have for this class is just become a better photographer in general. Maybe I don't end up in journalism but I will know how to take a great picture. My main goal for this class is to learn as much as I can about journalism and hopefully begin to understand what it takes to capture a good story. Autzen Stadium on Sept. 23, Players and fans prepare for the Ducks to take on The Colorado Buf

LBCC Volleyball NWAC Championship

“Amazing, unbelievable. I'm speechless.”  That’s how LBCC’s Volleyball Head Coach Jayme Frazier described her team’s perfect season after the Roadrunners became champions of the Northwest Athletic Conference for the third consecutive year.  Freshman Brooklyn Willard sends a spike towards Highline College in the semi Final match of the NWAC Elite 8 tournament.   A brilliant performance capped off the team’s season in the Elite Eight tournament in Lakewood, Washington Nov. 17-19. The Roadrunners’ championship season was fantastic in many ways, the most impressive being their 36-0 record. In 36 games, the team lost only 15 sets, winning the other 108. 25 of their 36 wins were 3-0 sweeps. The Roadrunners entered the tournament as the favorites, sitting atop the South Region with a perfect 33-0 record. On Friday, Nov. 17, the team came in hot and ran through Skagit Valley 3-0. In the Final Four on day two, LBCC played Highline College, who proved to be a tough opponent. Linn-Benton even